Thursday, June 12, 2014

[Force of Will] Learning to build deck - the hard way

Man, I'm so stuck with having 50 cards in my deck - losing matches after matches due to my key cards appearing late in the game. I've just started FoW awhile ago, but while building my own mono white deck, I've just realized the similarities of building deck in few Japanese TCG, such as, Battle Spirits and YGO!. I've been too tied up in the mechanics for CO to realize that, the less cards I have in my deck, the better it is.

You see, CO has a huge difference way of filtering deck from TCGs that are similar to it. One of CO's primary objective of the game itself helps so much in filtering - deck milling. By getting your deck milled by your opponent, you are bet on the chance of getting key cards quicker. It's a whole different matter for FoW though - deck milling is limited to only a few cards, and it's not even the primary objective of the game.

Besides, CO's version of Ruler - Colossus helps the players to filter by allowing them to draw cards via the ability. Now, FoW's draw only happens during the Draw Phase, and after that, the player will be heavily reliant on Resonators' abilities to draw and filter the extra cards. afaik, Blue has one of the best drawing mechanics, so it'll probably safe to put that extra cards in your blue deck.

However, for the rest of the colors, it'll be kinda hard to accommodate extra cards since you're looking for your key card as soon as you have enough Wills to spam around. The lesser it is, the faster it'll come to you - that's what I've learned during my matches, in a hard way though. That's the same concept applied for BS, goddamn I've forgotten about being less greedy.

imo, the simpler it is, the lesser it is, the better it is. Sometimes, greed isn't really that good after all. Shrinking down my deck to 43 cards for now.


/update: unless your opponent is using Chronos, goddammit Chronos...

No comments:

Post a Comment