Friday, October 1, 2021

[Cancerous cunt's MKB ramblings] Everglide Oreo

I haven't been posting anything on this blog for some time. Close to 3 years, I guess? I've been collecting MKBs and switches for some time, and I thought writing some of my thoughts here would be nice. Enough with the ramblings and let's get down to it!

I'll be starting with the Everglide Oreo switches.

As usual, I've cleaned the keyboard, and lubed the switches. The EG Oreo switches are tactile switches with 55g actuation force.

In my opinion, they're pretty bad without lube - feel very scratchy; I feel lubing is a must. The initial press feel nice, you can feel a pronounced tactile bump, if you're switching from the usual mainstream tactile switches, ie Cherry Browns and its variants. That said, it feels "sticky" when bottoming out, with or without lube. You can feel this, at least I felt it, pretty easily especially on the larger keys. As for the sound, they sound a lot better than the usual mainstream tactile switches.

To be honest, I'm kinda indifferent toward these switches, even though I'm a faiboi tactile/clicky switches. I'll try to use them for the month. Next month, I'll be testing out the Everglide Aqua King switches.

> cancerous cunt's impression: 3/5 * CHEF KISS EMOJIs

No comments:

Post a Comment