Friday, August 23, 2013

Portal: A Dataspace Retrieval

I've just recently picked up an old novel , namely Portal: A Dataspace Retrieval to pass my time. Since all the work, TCG and stuff, I haven't been doing any readings lately, so I thought it's kinda a good time to read some novel again.

Portal was originally published as a computer game, or interactive novel in 1986. It was then being published as a novel 1988 by Rob Swigart. Portal tells of an astronaut returning from a failed 100-year voyage to earth, finding that everyone has mysteriously disappeared. With the help of a slowly reviving computer network, he then begins to piece together the events of the last century. Well, this is the story, more or less.

In my opinion, Portal tells one of the best sci-fi story ever. I find the story is quite interesting and enthralling; it's really worth the time to indulge in such well-written story. So, I'd like to share the digital version of the novel with you guys who likes reading sci-fi novel too. I found out that most of the online version of the digital copy is down. So, after a long search on Google, I managed found one copy for myself. I've uploaded the copy to my SkyDrive, and those who are interested, you can read it online, or download it here or here. Please guys, try not to distribute the digital version of the novel if possible and credit the author of the book. After all, if it wasn't for Rob who wrote this great novel, we won't be enjoying the story, yes?



Full credits to Rob Swigart, the author of the book. I do not claim any rights on the digital novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment